Sunday, March 22, 2009

Molars

Okay, so it has been a long while since I have posted. Baby bean is getting all four of her molars at once. It has been pure hell around here. Many sleepless nights. This adorable child of mine can not sleep when she is sick or in teething pain. She also becomes a cranky little crabby creature when she isn't sleeping well. Apparently, I also become one of those cranky creatures when I am not sleeping, at least Baby Bean's Daddy seems to think so. Add a little PMS into the mix and I am wonderful to be around. I am lucky that my husband is very patient with me.

I have had countless people ask my if I am giving Baby Bean those homeopathic teething tablets. Yes, I have tried it all. I also occasionally give her a pain reliever such as acetaminophen, but only at night so she can sleep. I am not a big fan of just shoving medicine down my daughters throat, but I also do not want to see her suffer. As for those oral numbing gels, we don't use them. I have tried them, but they piss Baby Bean off in a big way. Like a scream until it wears off way. She has hated that stuff since she got her first tooth.

My only saving grace is that we have three more molars to finish cutting, and then we are officially done with the teething thing. I won't miss it at all. And maybe we will all be a little less cranky around here, until the next cold or flu comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment