Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Battle

Baby Bean's Daddy and I seem unable to agree on a baby-sitting issue. I am a control freak, and I won't leave our daughter with just anyone. I also don't go very many places that I can't take her along. However, our recent business trip, which was the cause of me leaving Baby Bean over night for the first time, sparked a new family feud about me not wanting to leave our baby girl with everyone in our family.



While we were away, my mother came and stayed with Baby Bean. All of my local in-laws stopped by to visit them at least once while we were gone. And it seems as though every one of them mentioned to my mom that "she won't leave Baby Bean with us," "maybe now that she has left her over night she will want to leave her more and we will get a chance to babysit." So when my mom tells me this over the phone, I get a little pissed off, and get into a huge argument with Baby Bean's Daddy.



Here is my side: Our local in-laws consist of a 78 year old grandmother, a 90 year old grandmother who had a recent hip replacement, a 16 year old been in trouble with the law sister in law, and a mother in law that is an ex-addict, who just lost her job because she failed a urine analysis at work. Tell me who you think I should leave her with. I have occasionally, for no more than an hour or so, left Baby Bean with the younger of the two great grandmothers. But she even mentions how she is worn out afterwards. I don't think that she can handle more than an hour or two.



According to Baby Bean's Daddy, I am just plain old hurting all of their feelings.



I am incredibly sick of having this fight with my dear husband. I just don't think I would be a responsible parent to leave our daughter with just anyone. I guess I am just going to keep fighting for what I believe in, no matter if it hurts their feelings, or annoys my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment