Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Identity Crisis

Maybe I just freaked out because I realized that I am going to be thirty-five in two months. Maybe it is because Baby Bean's Daddy told me that "Thirty-five is half way to seventy." Maybe it is because I am home all day with a toddler and I have lost a little of myself during this crazy parenthood journey. Maybe I am just bored, but I walked into the hair cuttin' store yesterday morning with a plan to get a little trim. And when I walked out, there was a huge pile of hair on the floor. Then it was off to the beauty supply store to buy some violet dye, which I later applied to part of my hair.

I have cried the day after a hair cut in the past. Not today. I like it. It is different, simple, and lo and behold it was super quick to dry and fix this morning. Baby Bean's Daddy seems to like it too. The only other person that noticed, what I thought was a huge change, was my sixteen year old sister in law. Nobody else. Well, except for Baby Bean. She told me "Momma, you hair look like Grandma T's." Grandma T is my mom (who's hair style is not the same as my new one, btw). Most women wouldn't want to be told that they look like their mom. But my mom is freakin' hot, so I will take it as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment